Deadline for nominations: 17th September, 2020
Do you know that YAWC Network is one of the most powerful and relevant Networks for Women Development?
That is not all! YAWC Network is also a fraternity of young women of African descent living in Africa and the diaspora who seek to be empowered and be themselves, changemakers for leadership and development on the continent. The Network also aims to connect all young women of Africa and the diaspora to a common platform for intellectual discourse and knowledge sharing for women’s development and a better continent geared towards political and socio-economic development.
YAWC Network seeks nominations from qualified members for the election of Global Vice President.
The Global Vice President shall perform the following functions:
- Assist the Global President in the discharge of her duties.
- Assume the duties of the Global President in her absence. iii. Perform other duties as may be assigned to her from time to time by the Global President or Secretariat.
The term of office for the Vice-President shall be two (2) years, renewable once.
Nominees must meet all the criteria below:
- Must be a member of YAWC Network in good standing (behaves in accordance with the Code of Conducts of YAWC) for at least one year.
- Must not have any restrictions, in terms of movement and advocacy as a result of her current employment.
- Must not/will not hold leadership position in any parallel Network (YAWC Network or any other Youths’ or Women’s Network).
- Must not be more than 45 years of age at the time of filing of nomination.
- Must have attended at least one event organized by YAWC.
Prospective applicants are invited to file their nominations by filling the nomination form which can be accessed by clicking the link below:
Nomination forms should be submitted not later than Thursday, 17th of September, 2020, 11:59pm GMT +1.
Vetting/screening of successful nominees will be conducted on Friday, 16th of September, 2020.
Election/voting will be conducted on Saturday, 19th of September, 2020, by YAWC Network Electoral College, which shall consist of all Chapter Presidents, Chapter Vice-Presidents, Chapter Secretaries, Chapter Media Liaison Officers and six other Chapter Members chosen by the National Chapter Executive Council/Diaspora Chapter Executive Council (NCEC/DCEC).
For the voting, every member of Electoral College will receive an email providing a link to the voting form.
The outcome of the election will be announced on Sunday, 20th of September, 2020.
If you have any concerns, problems, questions or find any errors, please contact the Chairperson of the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
NseAbasi NsikakAbasi Etim, PhD, RAS
Chairperson of Elections Committee
Young African Women Congress Network